Sunday, August 5, 2007

Aftermath

It seems that sanity is being restored on all counts. I felt a lot better after a decent night's sleep, even though I woke up at 6 AM to find the power out. That happens a lot, me waking up when the power goes out here - and it's done it often this summer. I don't know why it happens so often, but I think I know why I wake up so easily - my alarm clock, when disconnected from power, makes an "eeeep" noise, and even if I don't remember hearing it when I wake, that's probably what wakes me up.

Today I was able to laugh, to talk normally. Mike blasted both me and Susie with the air-hoses today - we use them to dry off tools and lenses, but he used them to blast our ponytails up. I laughed like crazy. Today was an easier day for work, too, and I finally filled out my resume for Susie to fax to the Palmdale Lenscrafters. I shouldn't have procrastinated so long, but it'll still be a month before I work there, for certain, so I guess I've had time.

I slept not long after I got home. I've gotten into Case's habit of sleeping after work... I'm not sure whether that's a good thing or a bad thing, but it seems to help, at least temporarily. It may be unconscious prep for when I'm working hours similar to his, and we both nap at the same time. That would be nice to think, but it's probably not that.

It was cooler today, and it felt nice. After all the sticky nights I've had, it's refreshing to be able to pull a blanket over myself at night.

... distracted by gaming, sorry. I haven't been on WoW in a little while, except to show Cyrus my toons. But flash games... there's a site called Addictinggames.com, where they have flash games of all kinds. I tend to go for puzzles and strategy - I just solved a mystery about a murder at a fairground. Who was that little girl, though? How did she know so much? Nah, it doesn't matter.

Bedtime soon - work starts at 9:30 tomorrow, and goes until 6 (unless things are slow, in which case I might be let off early). Cyrus has already gone to bed, over an hour ago. He's more sane now, too - he's turned 25 half an hour ago; I should have wished him a happy birthday before he logged, but I imagine I'll get the chance in the upcoming evening.

So in the aftermath, things are reaching a more normal balance. And even though the past events have affected me a lot, they aren't going to change my plans. Everything will keep going forward with me, and soon I'll be where I'm supposed to be... with my love.

Looking for the happily ever after,
Grety

No comments: