Thursday, August 16, 2007

WoW Jags

I'm attempting what Antistes and Kevin (Amentiu) have suggested: setting up an account on a free server. Yes, they exist. It would most likely be the equivalent of the "cheater's house" mods in Neverwinter Nights. Yet it doesn't seem to be working. I was supposed to make the account separate from my own, right? There's no specification in either of the posts. The main difference is that I have a specific server to log into, and that doesn't seem to be working for me. It says that there are 88 people online, on the website, but every time I try to log in, there are no servers whatsoever. I'm even waiting the specific ten minutes required to have the account verified, so let's see...

Great, now my password is screwed up again. I've reset it, but I think I'll try this later, when I'm more awake, and with Kevin's help.

In the meantime, Unbroken remains stagnant, Conquest Borne is more quiet because the former officers are holding what's probably a resentful silence. Yes, there is more than just the one guy who got demoted - two others asked for such a demotion as well, in support of this one. James likes the quiet in the guild chat now, but it disturbs me.

What also bugs me is this: Quoting Oolanna - "I do not know the why's and how's of this situation but it saddens me to know the most helpful and visible member of the guild leadership has been stripped of his position." Quite clearly Oolanna doesn't know what's going on - that although this one person has been helpful to some and has been visible, that help has rarely extended beyond Conquest Borne (i.e. the resentment of one of our tempermental former tanks), and he is so visible because he has a huge ego, and makes its arrogance visible to the world. That's all you see, really, if you're looking at it from an officer's perspective - all ego. True enough, that we're all just egos floating around in virtual armor in this game, but still. And Oolanna discarded the idea that this guy, when demoted from a guild leader to a guild officer (still a powerful position), he asked to go further. And so did the other two. James would have been fine keeping them all as officers, but no, they decided that they wanted to leave the officer pool completely. Their decision, and all the other lowbies in the guild have to realize this: that these things started as decisions by a group, but ended with the decisions of the individuals.

The demoted officer's response? *cry* and thank you. I wince, because it looks so insincere.

Can't think too much more, it's almost six AM. At least I don't have to set my alarm. Hopefully I can fix the server issues and play an overpowered... druid.

Tech-challenged (for now),
Grety

PS: One other thing about this officer - he flirted with me when he found out I was a girl. When he found out I had a boyfriend, he pretty much stopped talking with me altogether, except in a few half-joking, half-insult things. He's one of *those* guys, who doesn't see folks like me as just WoW friends - either I have to be a WoW chick that he (and everyone else) flirts with, or he has no interest. Case is worth a thousand of him, and always has been.

No comments: