Monday, August 6, 2007

Explosive Sheep

Remember Worms? There were sheep you could launch at your enemies to explode them. There was even sheep guns, and super sheep. I wasn't always able to get the hang of the winds and the trajectories in Worms, but I had fun playing the game anyway. Plus, the worms were all really cute and silly-looking.

In Warcraft II, one could continuously click on a sheep (or another critter) to make it annoyed, then blow up. One of my own favorite things to do while waiting for the opposing force to attack.

In World of Warcraft, you can make your own explosive sheep as an engineer, and send them at your enemies. I've made quite a few with my paladin, and they're fun to use when I'm within range and want to call a mob to me without having to gain aggro by myself - gives me time to buff up.

Why am I talking about explosive sheep? Because the concept is very unrealistic. It's a cute idea - I mean, who would ever think of a sheep being dangerous?

Or maybe it's because someone actually tried to do it: my friend Travis, while talking on Skype with me, told me about how they discovered explosive sheep in the West Bank. Quoting ynetnews.com - "An IDF force operating in the West Bank on Monday morning uncovered an explosive device weighing 40 kilograms (88 pounds), which was hidden inside the corpse of a sheep." It was going to be used by the Palestinians as a terrorist weapon in an attack on a nearby settlement.

Now, although the idea of strapping explosives on a sheep and sending it into a settlement is gruesome on its own... To think of a sheep corpse being tossed in somewhere and exploding is almost as bad. True, at least the sheep isn't alive to be exploded, but still... gross.

Do android terrorists dream of electric explosive sheep?... Okay, I'll shut up now, before you can hit me.

Baaaaa,
Grety

No comments: