Sunday, August 12, 2007

Apologies and Bastards

... to whomever reads this, for not being prompt. When I got out of Karazhan last night, it was almost 7 AM. That's the trouble with raiding with a guild that has most of its members in Australia. Yeah, you heard me correctly. Australian players on an East-coast server. I made a big mistake in releasing after I got killed in the Attumen fight, and paid with watching some beautiful epic caster gloves go to a Holy priest (another mage did the same thing I did - my friend Ghostflare, also a mage, had better, and apparently the shadow priest with us did too). However, we one-shotted the Moroes fight - you know you only have to kill two adds, and then Moroes, and then you can book it out of the room. The other two adds (the ones the priests were shackling) reset, and Moroes is still dead. Loot and be happy.
Lootwhore for the night was the one mail-wearer, a resto shammy. Lucky bastard.

I only got four or so hours of sleep last night. I woke up and found a note in my Myspace from one of my cousins. I owe her money from the bridal shower I went to last month, and I haven't been able to get time to buy stamps to send a check to her. I feel really bad about that, but it's hard when I work hours like I do - the places are either aren't open or are already closed by the time I get there. Definitely going to get stamps Tuesday, if not sooner. I also need to call a number to order shoes for the wedding - I checked the website, and the shoes that my cousin mentioned in the e-mail weren't available online. Bastards.

The shower drain is a bastard, too. It's still somewhat clogged, even though I poured a whole bottle of Drano down it. I guess I used the shower as a dishwasher one time too many - but there's really no space in my vanity sink to rinse out a two-quart glass bowl... and then that would mean my sink would eventually get clogged, too. If it isn't already.

Who is not a bastard: Case. My sleepy man, voice low and slow, and yet he logs in for an hour or so to run my troll mage through Shadowfang Keep. Since we're both frost mages, my minimal damage still set off critical hits for him, so he was quite pleased at our progress. He's also going on a diet along with his dad, and I'm excited for that, for him. I remember talking with him about sandwiches, and today I tried out adding more veggies to my normal roast beef. I usually just have lettuce and tomato, on Italian bread, but this time I added green peppers and onions, on wheat bread. It tasted just as good, if not better, although my breath probably wasn't great afterwards. I should probably experiment with meats, too, although I'm not a big fan of turkey or ham. If they had salami... I know I like that, but I don't think they have it. They do have bacon, but that's just dripping with grease.

One last note - I really have to give them a good example when it comes to their pets. Their four dogs run about in the back yard by themselves all day, and when night comes the smallest and loudest of the dogs gets put in the garage by himself - he keeps Case awake at night otherwise. I may not be a dog person, but I don't mind them, and if they need attention, I'll give it to them. Plus, it'll get me outside, instead of being stuck in front of a computer screen like I am now. So much of my life will change once I get there, and change for the better.

Hopefully yours,
Grety

No comments: